Thanks to a dash of E1 Brew Co. Pilsner Lager in place of milk, pancakes are flipping better this year – it’s official and Comedian Tom Price agrees.
Want to see for yourself how pancakes are flipping better in 2022, thanks to the addition of E1 Brew Co. Pilsner Lager? Join Comedian Tom Price on his socials on Monday 28th February (@thepricetom) as he makes pancake batter with beer and demonstrates some fabulous flipping action.
E1 Brew Co. Pilsner Lager is a well-balanced, lightly hopped beer that adds a heavenly malty flavour to pancakes. The bubbles aerate the batter and along with the yeast, this makes for a lighter, fluffier and easier-to-flip pancake.
It pairs beautifully with bacon (vegan or the real deal) and maple syrup, tastes dreamy with milk, cream or ice-cream and for a savoury twist, cheese (dairy or vegan) is a match made in heaven.
For an added health benefit, you can also use E1 Brew Co. CBD Lager in your pancakes. It’s a crisp beer with fruit and citrus flavours, plus a hint of bitterness from the added CBD (cannabidiol).
Comedian Tom Price says “As someone who is tirelessly competitive I’ve always loved pancakes, because I genuinely believe no-one flips them or makes them quite as well as me. The news that I can now bring beer to this festival of eating and competing has left me thrilled and hungry. Like I did when I grew up, it’s time to say goodbye to milk and hello to beer. May the best tosser win.”
If you want to try the pancakes for yourself, here’s the recipe that Tom will be using:
E1 Brew Co Pilsner Lager pancakes recipe
140g plain flour
100g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
Half tsp salt
Pinch of cinnamon
236 ml of E1 Brew Co. Pilsner Lager
1 egg or half a mashed ripe banana
2 tablespoons olive oil (plus 1tsp for cooking)
Half a teaspoon vanilla extract (or vanilla paste/powder)
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs lightly (or use mashed banana) and add the beer, oil and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet liquid, stirring in until well mixed – don’t overdo it though, because this will make the mixture glutenous.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat, add a teaspoon of olive oil and pour half a ladle full of the batter into the pan.
- Cook for a few minutes and when you see bubbles appear and the edges cook and turn golden brown, flip the pancake and cook the other side until lightly browned.
- Serve with your choice of toppings – maple syrup goes well with the pancakes, but for a savoury treat, try some vegan bacon too.
Share your flipping great pancakes on social media and tag @E1BrewCo and @thepricetom for the chance to win a year’s supply of beer! That’s a case of beer delivered to your home each month for twelve months. #E1FlippinBetter