As the cold dark nights draw in, there is nothing more satisfying than snuggling up on the sofa with a tasty, comforting treat.
Drink me Chai has added their magic to Banana Bread, to create a delicious twist with their ‘Chai Latte Banana Bread’.
70g Caster Sugar
70g Drink Me Chai Spiced Chai Latte powder
140g self-raising flour
1tsp Baking powder
2 Bananas, Mashed
Handful of dried banana chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a 2lb loaf tin.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and Drink me Chai Spiced Chai Latte powder until light and fluffy in a mixer or very thoroughly by hand.
3. Slowly add the eggs (beat together before adding) then add a little flour.
4. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and bananas (these must be very mushy).
5. Pour into the prepared tin and add either banana chips or lay a half banana on top.
6. Bake for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
8. Serve with Coconut yoghurt and some pomegranate . . . and a cup of Drink me Chai Latte!
Drink me Chai Spiced Chai Latte is available in major supermarkets and independents throughout the UK.
For more recipe inspiration, head over to our website https://drinkmechai.co.uk/recipes/