Created by @ourmodernkitchen
• 2 Eggs
• 250g unsalted Butter
• 225g plain flour
• 175g light brown sugar
• 50g Horlicks Original
• 150g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
• 75g pecans, roasted
• 1 tsp vanilla paste, or extract
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp fine salt
• 40g Horlicks Original
• 15ml hot water
• Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan oven). Grease and line a 23x23cm square tin with baking parchment
• Place a saucepan over a medium heat and melt the butter.
Set aside to slightly cool
• In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, vanilla paste and melted butter and whisk together until you have a smooth, glossy batter.
• In a separate bowl, whisk together the plain flour, Horlicks Original, baking powder and salt. Add half of the flour mixture to the batter and combine before adding the second half, mix together until fully incorporated.
Top Tip: By adding the flour in two parts, you’ll avoid a lumpy mixture
• Add ⅔ of the chocolate and ⅔ of the pecans to the mixture and fold through until evenly distributed. Transfer the batter into the lined tin, smoothing out the top with a spatula to get an even layer of mixture in the tin.
• Make the malt drizzle by combining the Horlicks Original and hot water and whisking together until smooth.
• Spoon the malt drizzle over the top of the batter and then run a table knife up and down the surface to swirl the malt drizzle into the batter. Scatter the remaining chocolate and ocean pieces and gently press them into the batter.
• Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes – there should be a slight wobble to the top of the mixture. Leave the blondies to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with a pinch of flaky salt, slice and serve!