• 100g sunflower oil
• 2 eggs
• 60g light brown sugar
• 40g Horlicks Original
• 200g pumpkin puree, canned
• 100g plain flour
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp mixed spice
• 100g cream cheese
• 100g unsalted butter, room temperature
• 350g icing sugar
• 2 tbsp Horlicks Original
• Candy eyes for decorating
• In a big bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, brown sugar and Horlicks Original until fully combined then whisk in the pumpkin puree until smooth.
• Separately, combine the dry ingredients.
• Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until smooth.
• Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan).
• Divide the batter between 12 muffin cases (each muffin case should be 2/3 full) and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a centre of the muffin comes out clean.
• To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter using a handheld or a stand mixer until creamy. Gradually, add the icing sugar and Horlicks Original and beat for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. If the frosting is too thin for your liking, add more icing sugar until you reach desired consistency.
• Frost the cooled cupcakes and decorate with candy eyes.