- YO!’s sushi school is back from Wednesday 13th July at selected restaurants across the UK*
- Enrol as a student at YO!’s sushi school and become a Maki Master with the guidance of an expert
- Sushi school is available at 21 YO! locations up and down the UK, every Wednesday from 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- From just £19.95, guests can take part in a two-hour sushi masterclass then enjoy their own creations at the end of the session
Sushi loving Brits can now learn all the tricks of the kitchen with the return of YO!’s sushi school.
From 13th July, YO!’s sushi school will be available at 21 of its restaurants across the UK to brighten up weekday evenings and get you and YO! mates into a roll-lot-of-fun.
Guests will have the chance to roll a selection of YO!’s most iconic sushi during a two-hour fun filled masterclass, led by a sushi school Ambassador. Students will be filled in on the extensive history of sushi, learn expert knife skills from the very best, explore delicious ingredients, and of course try their hand at making a range of YO! favourites from the menu.
Taking place every Wednesday from 6.30pm until 8.30pm, YO!’s sushi school sessions are just £29.95 for an adult, and £19.95 for under 16’s – available to book through the YO! website.
From a scrumptious Salmon Nigiri to a classic Crunchy Cali Roll, there’s a dish for everyone to enjoy! If you’re a vegan or vegetarian, have no fear! There’s plenty of delicious plant-based treats for you to get to grips with.
If all that doesn’t quite tickle tastebuds, sushi kits are 20% off for all attendees! So, grab a friend (or even your soy-mate), get your sushi rolling hats on, and come on down to YO! for an o-fish-al intro to all things Japanese cuisine!
Terms and Conditions
Sushi school is currently only available at selected YO! restaurants:
Brighton, Cabot Circus, Cardiff, Cheltenham, Cheshire Oaks, Edinburgh PS, Glasgow Central, Guildford, High Wycombe, Leamington Spa, Grand Central, Leeds Trinity, Leicester, Liverpool One, Manchester Arndale, Milton Keynes, Newcastle Grainger St, Reading, Norwich, Sheffield Meadowhall, Ashford
Booking – Tonic
- Places are booked via Tonic, operated by Design my Night. Spaces are only confirmed once payment has been made.
- On booking a ticket, you will receive a booking and payment confirmation by email. Please bring this with you to the sushi school
- YO! cannot provisionally hold spaces for sushi schools or book groups in without pre-payment.
- YO! is unable to offer any refunds for cancellations which occur after 24 hours from the date and time of booking for any reason.
- Tickets are only valid for the date and time of class specified in ticket purchase and are not exchangeable for cash or other items.
- Gift cards are only valid when booked as tickets via the booking team.
- If you wish to reschedule your tickets, please email email@example.com, who will cancel and refund your existing booking. You will then need to re-book a ticket for your selected date.
- Tickets may be rescheduled only once, after which no refund or alternative will be offered.
- If you cannot attend a class you may send someone else in your place. Please let us know the name of the attendee in advance of the class
- The Sushi school menu may be subject to variations if ingredients are not available, please ask your sushi school leader for more details.
- Occasionally we may have to cancel or postpone a class due to unavoidable circumstances; in such a case we will notify all confirmed attendees as soon as possible and offer to transfer to another class or issue a full refund to the guest.
- Please let us know if you have any food allergies – it is your responsibility to let us know of any allergies or intolerances. Our full allergens list and policies is available at https://yosushi.com/legal/allergen-information
- Please arrive 10 minutes early in order to start your sushi school on time. Latecomers to the class up to 15 minutes will be admitted on manager discretion but will not be able to make up the time once the class has started or be refunded for any portion of the class missed. Latecomers who arrive 15 minutes after the class has begun may be refused entry.
- YO! operates a no-abuse policy and will not tolerate anti-social behaviour towards our staff and you may be asked to leave if you are displaying such behaviour. No refunds or rescheduling will be offered in these circumstances.
- Our sushi schools are bookable for anyone over the age of 16+; please do not be offended if we ask to see ID should you wish to select the alcoholic option as part of your package.
- Children under the age of 16 attending sushi school must be accompanied by an adult; the adults do not need to select a ticket but we do request that you purchase food and drink during your visit.
- You will acknowledge and observe our Hygiene & Safety protocol and accept that by attending a Sushi school you accept ultimate responsibility for your own health & safety and understand that, as with other activities, there is an element of risk involved.
- YO! accept no responsibility for the preparation, transportation, storage or consumption of sushi school items once you have left the restaurant.
- You will indemnify and hold us and our employees harmless from all claims, damages, liabilities and causes of action which may arise as a result of:
- your preparation, storage and consumption of food after your class;
- any loss or damage of personal property whilst in our restaurants;
- any injuries or damages you sustain or, or that your guest or anyone affiliated with or connected with you, may sustain in connection with or resulting directly or indirectly from your or your guest’s, or affiliated or connected person’s, involvement in our sushi schools.
Founded in 1997, YO! (formerly YO! Sushi) was the first to bring to the UK the concept of a Japanese ‘kaiten’ sushi bar that delivered food via a conveyor belt. Today, YO! has over 80 sites across the globe in the UK, Australia, Europe and the Middle East.
YO! is part of The Snowfox Group, the leading international, multi-channel Japanese food business. The Group brings together and drives sustainable growth across four outstanding brands – Snowfox, Bento, YO! Taiko – serving a large and growing international customer base.
Selling 60m trays of sushi a year, Snowfox takes leading positions in attractive and growing Japanese food markets: #1 in UK, #1 in Canada, #2 in USA. The Group reaches reaching customers across routes to market, with over 1,900 kiosks, 3,700 pre-packaged locations, and 50 restaurants. It has strong relationships with more than 40 blue-chip retailers, underpinned by the Group’s scale, expertise and operational strength. The company is growing at twice the rate of the broader fast-growing Japanese food market.
In the UK, YO! now operates over 100 YO! kiosks in Tesco and over 100 Panku Kiosks in Asda offering freshly made food which can be enjoyed on the spot or later at home. YO! Food-to-Go pre-packaged sushi is available in Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Co-op stores, WH Smith and David Lloyd Leisure Clubs. YO! also has a range of branded sauces and ready meals available in supermarkets.
YO! sources all its fish from reputable suppliers who share the same concerns with regards to environmental issues and sustainability of at-risk species through overfishing and the subsequent depletion of certain fish.