A delicious breakfast with the right vitamins and monounsaturated fats to kick-start your morning
Break away from the traditional sugary treats
As the cold season approaches, the air is filled with the scent of festive delights and the promise of indulgence. The winter season marks a time of celebration and feasting, while the New Year brings a renewed focus on health and well-being. Break away from the traditional sugary treats the Christmas period often brings and explore a delectable and nutritious alternative – an Avocado-based Breakfast Triumph.
Avocados are not only a culinary delight but also a nutritional powerhouse. Packed with heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, fibre, and essential vitamins and minerals, avocados are the perfect main ingredient for a breakfast that combines flavour and nutrition.
Who said avocados for breakfast had to be on toast? Avocado on toast is on the menu at almost every brunch spot in town, so why not mix it up a bit? This avo-based culinary masterpiece is meticulously crafted to not only delight your taste buds but also kick-start your journey towards a healthier New Year.
Recipe & Photo: World Avocado Organization
2 wheat/corn tortillas
2 ripe tomatoes
1 green Italian pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
4-5 sprigs of fresh coriander
1. Peel and chop the onion, green pepper and tomatoes. Heat a small amount of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan and fry the vegetables on low heat. Halfway through cooking, add Tabasco sauce to taste, and a pinch of salt and garlic salt. Stir occasionally until the vegetables are tender. Set aside.
2. Heat a small amount of extra virgin olive oil in another frying pan and brown the tortillas on both sides. Set aside.
3. Cut the avocado in half, and remove the stone and skin. Thinly slice each half, widthways, and form a spiral. Set aside.
4. Finally, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the two eggs.
5. Place the omelettes on two plates, cover with vegetables and top with the eggs. Serve with the avocado and a few sprigs of fresh coriander.
About The World Avocado Organization (WAO)
The World Avocado Organization is a non-profit organisation founded in 2016 whose members are avocado growers, exporters and importers from around the world – including the top four grower supplier countries to the EU and UK. The World Avocado Organization promotes the consumption of avocados based on their nutritional value and recognised health benefits. It also shares information and insights on avocado production, supply chains and sustainability with the public.
For further information, please visit: https://avocadofruitoflife.com/en